MICHAEL DEAN HAMMIG
Department of Applied Economics & Statistics
Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634-0313
The complete curriculum vitae
DATE OF BIRTH: April 15, 1944
Washington State University 9/74-6/78 Ph.D. Agricultural Economics, Pullman, Washington
University of Kansas 9/62-6/67 B.A. Mathematics and Economics, Lawrence, Kansas
· Agricultural Policy Analyst, USAID/Indonesia, 1988-1990
· Acting Section Leader, Sweetener Research, USDA/ESCS, 1979-1980
· Agricultural Economist, USDA/ESCS, 1978-1979
Ag Ec 319 Agribusiness Management
Ag Ec 409 Agribusiness Organization
Ag Ec 802 Advanced Production Economics
Ag Ec 822 Contemporary Public Policy
Ag Ec 853 Quantitative Methods for Agricultural Economists
Econ 903 General Equilibrium and Welfare Economics Theory
RESEARCH: Production Economics and Public Policy Analysis
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS:
· France, 1999 - Short course on the World Soybean Market, Ecole Superieur d’Agriculture d’Angers
· Indonesia, 1992-present - Principal Investigator, USAID-funded project on Integrated Pest Management for secondary crops, collaborative project with the Bogor Agricultural University.
· Russia, 1995-1997 - co-Principal Investigator, USAID-funded project to assist the Institute for Biology of Inland Waters, Borok, Russia to adjust to market economy.
· India, 1995-1997 - Principal Investigator, FAO project to evaluate the economic impact of Integrated Pest Management training in rice among farmers in Uttar Pradesh.
· Indonesia, 1988-1990 - Agricultural Policy Analyst working in the USAID Mission as manager of the Agricultural and Rural Sector Support Program; a $93 million policy-based program of assistance to the GOI Ministries of Agriculture, Planning, and Finance.
· France, 1987 - Representing Clemson University in the development of cooperative programs for student exchanges with French universities.
· El Salvador, Economics Consulting, 1984,1985,1992 - Assistance to the USAID Mission on policy related issues.
· Brazil, Peace Corps Volunteer, 1967-1970 - Worked on program of technical assistance to farmer cooperatives.
· Portuguese, excellent
· French, fair
· Indonesian, fair
· Spanish, fair
· Various consulting activities for USAID and FAO on issues related to agricultural development.
· Instructor in environmental policy training; Foundation for Advanced Studies in International Development, Tokyo
Director's Implementation Award, USAID/Indonesia, 1991
Meritorious Honor Award, U.S. Department of State, 1990
Award for Outstanding Contributions, Government of Indonesia, 1990
H. Delight and O. H. Maughan Scholarship Award, Washington State University, 1975
Member of Phi Kappa Phi Academic Honor Society
Member of: American Agricultural Economics Association, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, Western Agricultural Economics Association
More than 100 peer reviewed publications and presentations including journal articles, research reports, and popular articles related to research efforts
FACULTY DIRECTORY AE & S HOME